Travel and mobility
On foot, by bike, by car or by public transport : there are many alternatives to and on the Gembloux Agro-Bio Tech campus.
The wooded campus of Gembloux Agro-Bio Tech is located in the heart of the small town of Gembloux. The institution's buildings and the vast majority of housing are very close to each other, making it possible to do without a motorized vehicle.
At the Faculty:
Gembloux Agro-Bio Tech encourages its employees to use bicycles as a mean of transport on its site and to travel to work.
The institution offers infrastructure, facilities, advice and benefits related to this mode of travel :
• bicycle racks available across the entire campus
• covered parking with spaces and secure indoor parking in some buildings
• shower facilities available for staff
• participation in the cost of bicycle travel between home and the Faculty for the staff
• provision of an electrically assisted bicycle for a test period for the staff
• about forty bicycles made available to the staff for use on site.
At Gembloux train station :
The non-profit organisation Pro Velo has opened a bicycle clinic near Gembloux train station. Currently, this bicycle clinic offers the following services:
- small repairs by a mechanic with possible access to a courtesy bike
- information and advice on itineraries, walks, etc.
- sale of small equipment
- provision of a pump for tyre inflation
- maintenance of bicycle parking lots (200 spaces available)
- theft prevention equipment
- long-term "student rates" bicycle rental
By public transport
By bus :
The Gembloux Agro-Bio Tech campus is located in the city centre and can therefore be reached by all the bus lines that serve Gembloux:
- 147a (Gembloux-Fleurus-Tamines),
- 148 (Gembloux-Ramilies-Landen),
- 27 (Gembloux-Chastre-Marbais),
- 144a (Gembloux-Jemeppes-sur-Sambre),
- 247a (Gembloux-Corroy-Sombreffe),
- 347a (Gembloux-Saint-Martin-Tongrinne/Onoz),
- 32 (Namur-Gembloux),
- 25 (Jodoigne-Thorembais-Saint-Trond-Gembloux).
By train :
Gembloux station is located about 10-minute walk from the Faculty.
Discount pricing packages are offered to students by SNCB :
National and international trains from Gembloux provide easy access to many destinations in Belgium and Europe.
By plane :
Gembloux is easily accessible from the main Belgian airports, including Brussels Airport and Brussels South Charleroi Airport.