The research carried out at Gembloux Agro-Bio Tech is focused on a better control of living organisms for the production of goods and services for humans.
hese lines of research allow the researchers of Gembloux Agro-Bio Tech - ULiège to carry out research initiatives and free research in addition to the institutional research themes developed in the TERRA Research Unit.
The projects carried out in these areas of research have the following objectives:
- The characterization of biological mechanisms with the objective of gaining a better understanding of living organisms;
- The production of plant, animal and microbial bioresources in a context of sustainability;
- The modeling and management of industrial processes in the field of sustainable chemistry (green chemistry), agri-food and biotechnology;
- The characterization of physico-chemical properties and flows in soil-water-plant systems from the plant-soil relationship to landscapes;
- The characterization of the components of natural and humanizing systems, their evolution and dynamics in relation to global changes, increasing anthropogenic pressures and the ecosystem services they provide.
Its objectives are to improve the quality of life and well-being of human and animal populations, while preserving the environment, to develop multifunctional and participatory management models for poorly humanized ecosystems and to improve knowledge of the biotic and abiotic constraints of highly humanized environments. The research activities carried out within the unit address all the sustainable development objectives defined by the United Nations.
The research axes are:
Tropical agro-ecology and horticulture
Animal genetics, genomics and modelling
Animal production and nutrition
Microbial Processes and Interactions Laboratory (MiPI)
Food Science and Formulation Laboratory
Gastronomic Sciences Laboratory
Pr Frank Delvigne