Environment, pollution, quality control..., concerns with which the BEAGx can help you.
embloux's Office of Environment and Analysis (BEAGx) is an approved laboratory (approval for the analysis of waste and toxic waste in the Walloon Region (A.E.R.W. 09/07/1987)).
The laboratory has the following quality and accreditation labels :
- F01-GLP (IHE) Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), since 1996,
- Physico-chemical tests of formulations and determination of plant protection product residues in de facto association with the Analytical Chemistry Unit and the Faculty's Phytopharmacy Laboratory.
Its fields of activity are:
- Determination of trace elements in fertilizers and soil amendments,
- Plant protection products analyses and quantification of their residues in foodstuffs,
- Product quality criteria control (foodstuffs, water, plants, contaminated soil and soil, waste, organic materials that can be recycled in agriculture, sewage sludge, amendments, fertilisers, incineration ash, digestates and compost...),
- Quality of sediments in navigable (SPW-DGO2) and non-navigable (SPW-DGO3) waterways monitoring,
- International inter-laboratory tests particpation (AGLAE, BIPEA...).
Ce laboratoire peut vous aider à résoudre des problèmes…
- Environmental issues: management of air pollution control networks (plant bio-indicators, atmospheric fallout).
Partners: The Municipalities of Charleroi, Andenne, Sambreville, Jemeppe-sur-Sambre, Farciennes, Gembloux
- Analysis of organic and mineral micropollutants in waste, soil, sludge, waterway sediments, landfilling (elution tests DIN 38414-S4 - EN 12457-S2), incineration (bottom ash, fly ash...), agronomic recovery (sludge, compost...).
Partners: many private and public partners (SPW, FASFC)
- Product quality control (water, plants, animal feed, foodstuffs): organic micropollutants, PCB's, PAH's, pesticide residues, heavy metals, nitrates…
Head of department:
Radiation protection - SUCPR assistant at the Gembloux site (Waste management - DRX - XRF)
Head of Section: Organic MicroPollutants
Carine CAVATORTA, Tina VALASTRO, Michel DETHY, Laurent LESSIRE, Olivier SPRANGERS, Nicolas PARMENTIER, Francesco CUDIN et Pierre HACOURT.